Where there is any risk of asbestos exposure, employers have a duty of care to educate their employees on the dangers of asbestos. In fact, Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR 2012) makes it a requirement that employers ensure their staff have undergone suitable asbestos awareness training so that they are aware of the potential dangers they may face and the procedures they must follow.
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types, uses, and likely occurrence of asbestos in buildings and plant
- The general procedures to be followed when handling asbestos
- How to deal with an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust in the workplace
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos